Arby’s Reports on Corporate Social Responsibility Initiatives
Arby’s restaurants has released the first report highlighting progress in its Corporate Social Responsibility initiatives.
The first PurposeFULL report issued by the chain, which has more than 3,300 franchised locations nationwide, has four components.
The energy- and water-related element is ResourceFULL. That section of the report said that the company had fulfilled its pledge to reduce energy consumption across the company by 15.2 percent since 2011. An 8.6 percent reduction in water use also was achieved. Together, the reductions cut energy spending by $20.4 million. The organization also joined the United States Department of Labor’s (DoE) Better Buildings Challenge for 2015.
The Better Buildings Challenge late last year cited Arby’s for cutting energy use by 38 percent at its flagship restaurant in Atlanta.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds
- Top 10 Steps for a Successful EMIS Project
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- There’s Money in the Trash
- Approaches to Managing EHS&S Data
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Practical Guide to Transforming Energy Data into Better Buildings
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals