Army Awards Final Contracts to Support $7B Renewable Energy Plan
The US Army has awarded the final round of solar technology contracts that will support a $7 billion renewable and alternative energy power production for Department of Defense installations Multiple Award Task Order Contract (MATOC).
The US Army Energy Initiatives Task Force (EITF) and the US Army Corps of Engineers, Engineering and Support Center in Huntsville Ala. established the $7 billion MATOC primarily to use for power purchase agreements involving renewable or alternative energy projects greater than 10 MW.
These contracts will help the Army to achieve its congressionally mandated energy goal of 25 percent production of energy from renewable sources by 2025, and improve installation energy security and sustainability. The following 11 small businesses will be added to the pool of qualified contractors who will be eligible to bid on future individual solar technology project task orders:
- Bay Electric Co., Newport News, Va.
- BITHENERGY, Baltimore, Md.
- Bright Light Federal, Littleton, Colo.
- Ecoplexus, San Francisco, Calif.
- Essex Construction, Upper Marlboro, Md.
- Indian Energy, Newport Beach, Calif.
- Infinity Development Partners, New Braunfels, Texas
- Legatus6, Chevy Chase, Md.
- Scatec Solar North America, Sausalito, Calif.
- SunLight General Capital, New York, N.Y.
- Third Sun Solar, Athens, Ohio.
The MATOC now includes 49 solar technology companies, 15 biomass technologies, six geothermal technologies and 20 wind technologies.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- 2013-2014 Winter Polar Vortex
- Building Energy Benchmarking & Transparency Laws
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year