Army Awards Final Contracts to Support $7B Renewable Energy Plan
The US Army has awarded the final round of solar technology contracts that will support a $7 billion renewable and alternative energy power production for Department of Defense installations Multiple Award Task Order Contract (MATOC).
The US Army Energy Initiatives Task Force (EITF) and the US Army Corps of Engineers, Engineering and Support Center in Huntsville Ala. established the $7 billion MATOC primarily to use for power purchase agreements involving renewable or alternative energy projects greater than 10 MW.
These contracts will help the Army to achieve its congressionally mandated energy goal of 25 percent production of energy from renewable sources by 2025, and improve installation energy security and sustainability. The following 11 small businesses will be added to the pool of qualified contractors who will be eligible to bid on future individual solar technology project task orders:
- Bay Electric Co., Newport News, Va.
- BITHENERGY, Baltimore, Md.
- Bright Light Federal, Littleton, Colo.
- Ecoplexus, San Francisco, Calif.
- Essex Construction, Upper Marlboro, Md.
- Indian Energy, Newport Beach, Calif.
- Infinity Development Partners, New Braunfels, Texas
- Legatus6, Chevy Chase, Md.
- Scatec Solar North America, Sausalito, Calif.
- SunLight General Capital, New York, N.Y.
- Third Sun Solar, Athens, Ohio.
The MATOC now includes 49 solar technology companies, 15 biomass technologies, six geothermal technologies and 20 wind technologies.
- NAEM Research Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Johnson & Johnson: Innovating in Business by Making Sustainability Personal
- How to Thrive in Today's EHS Landscape
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Migration to Mobile: The Evolution of EHS Management Tools
- Dawn of the Building Performance Era
- The Sustainable Edge™