Army Honors 8 for Energy, Water Savings
Eight Secretary of the Army awards were presented to recognize outstanding achievements in energy and water management within the Army.
There were four awardees in the “small group” category for achievement in renewable and alternative energy: Fort Hood, Texas; Picatinny Arsenal, NJ; White Sands Missile Range, NM; and US Army Engineering and Support Center, Huntsville, Ala.
Three installations were recognized for their achievements: the Presidio of Monterey, Calif., and Fort Stewart, Ga., were recognized for achievements in energy efficiency and energy management, while Fort Carson, Colo., was recognized for achievements in water conservation.
Todd Dirmeyer of Fort Hunter Liggett, Calif., was awarded for individual achievement in energy efficiency and energy management.
Photo by Greg Jones, AMVID
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- Building Energy Benchmarking & Transparency Laws
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection