Arts Center Preps Solar Project
Wells Fargo Center for the Arts and Nelson Solar Projects are planning a large-scale solar project on-site at the non-profit arts center in Santa Rosa, Calif. The 400 KW system with 1,630 solar panels will generate 90 percent of the center’s power needs.
The initiative is made possible through a 10-year power purchase agreement in which Nelson Solar Projects will provide capital financing and installation of the canopy-mounted photovoltaic system to be installed on four rows of sunshade carport structures. The Arts Center will fully own the solar system at the end of the PPA and will realize significant savings on energy costs beginning in 2023.
Recently, New York City’s Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts announced it would purchase renewable energy certificates (RECs) from Green Mountain Energy to provide 100 percent of the center’s electricity usage, which is estimated at 21.6 million KWh annually.
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- NAEM 2015 EHS and Sustainability Software Buyers Guide
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- Combined Heat and Power
- Best Practices in Electricity Procurement
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Connected Buildings, Connected People: A Look to the Future
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies