Arts Center Preps Solar Project
Wells Fargo Center for the Arts and Nelson Solar Projects are planning a large-scale solar project on-site at the non-profit arts center in Santa Rosa, Calif. The 400 KW system with 1,630 solar panels will generate 90 percent of the center’s power needs.
The initiative is made possible through a 10-year power purchase agreement in which Nelson Solar Projects will provide capital financing and installation of the canopy-mounted photovoltaic system to be installed on four rows of sunshade carport structures. The Arts Center will fully own the solar system at the end of the PPA and will realize significant savings on energy costs beginning in 2023.
Recently, New York City’s Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts announced it would purchase renewable energy certificates (RECs) from Green Mountain Energy to provide 100 percent of the center’s electricity usage, which is estimated at 21.6 million KWh annually.
- Facilities & Maintenance Management Best Practices
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- Environmental Leader Technology Reviews
- Q4 2013 Sustainability Trends - The Logistics, Carbon and Business Data Book
- 2013 Insider Knowledge
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- 5 Must-Have Utility Billing Alerts
- Managing Enterprise Assets and IT Assets in a Converged World
- The Business Case for Corporate Sustainability Tools
- Dow Chemical Company Optimizes Facility Management Worldwide
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room
- Your Roadmap for Energy Management: First Stop – Myths & Realities of Energy Purchasing
- Control the Balance of Power: The Future of Intelligent Energy Systems