Arts Center Preps Solar Project
Wells Fargo Center for the Arts and Nelson Solar Projects are planning a large-scale solar project on-site at the non-profit arts center in Santa Rosa, Calif. The 400 KW system with 1,630 solar panels will generate 90 percent of the center’s power needs.
The initiative is made possible through a 10-year power purchase agreement in which Nelson Solar Projects will provide capital financing and installation of the canopy-mounted photovoltaic system to be installed on four rows of sunshade carport structures. The Arts Center will fully own the solar system at the end of the PPA and will realize significant savings on energy costs beginning in 2023.
Recently, New York City’s Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts announced it would purchase renewable energy certificates (RECs) from Green Mountain Energy to provide 100 percent of the center’s electricity usage, which is estimated at 21.6 million KWh annually.
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Operationalizing EHS Management: Bridge the Gap from Strategy to Execution
- Top 10 Steps for a Successful EMIS Project
- There’s Money in the Trash
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds