Arts Center Preps Solar Project
Wells Fargo Center for the Arts and Nelson Solar Projects are planning a large-scale solar project on-site at the non-profit arts center in Santa Rosa, Calif. The 400 KW system with 1,630 solar panels will generate 90 percent of the center’s power needs.
The initiative is made possible through a 10-year power purchase agreement in which Nelson Solar Projects will provide capital financing and installation of the canopy-mounted photovoltaic system to be installed on four rows of sunshade carport structures. The Arts Center will fully own the solar system at the end of the PPA and will realize significant savings on energy costs beginning in 2023.
Recently, New York City’s Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts announced it would purchase renewable energy certificates (RECs) from Green Mountain Energy to provide 100 percent of the center’s electricity usage, which is estimated at 21.6 million KWh annually.
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Enterprise Internet Of Things: What Is It, and How Will It Improve Energy Management?
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- Practical Insights into the Implementation of GHS Around the Globe
- There’s Money in the Trash
- Beyond Compliance: Applying a Risk Lens to Your EHS Practice
- A Roadmap for Effective Process Safety Management
- Verdantix Green Quadrant for EHS Software