Arts Center Preps Solar Project
Wells Fargo Center for the Arts and Nelson Solar Projects are planning a large-scale solar project on-site at the non-profit arts center in Santa Rosa, Calif. The 400 KW system with 1,630 solar panels will generate 90 percent of the center’s power needs.
The initiative is made possible through a 10-year power purchase agreement in which Nelson Solar Projects will provide capital financing and installation of the canopy-mounted photovoltaic system to be installed on four rows of sunshade carport structures. The Arts Center will fully own the solar system at the end of the PPA and will realize significant savings on energy costs beginning in 2023.
Recently, New York City’s Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts announced it would purchase renewable energy certificates (RECs) from Green Mountain Energy to provide 100 percent of the center’s electricity usage, which is estimated at 21.6 million KWh annually.
- ASSA ABLOY: Investing in Sustainability Opens the Door for Business Opportunity
- NAEM Research Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Mobility from the Plant Floor to the Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy and Productivity
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Solar Request for Proposal (RFP) Guide
- LG Electronics: Enhancing customer Experience through Sustainability
- Johnson & Johnson: Innovating in Business by Making Sustainability Personal
- NAEM 2015 EHS and Sustainability Software Buyers Guide