Arts Center Preps Solar Project
Wells Fargo Center for the Arts and Nelson Solar Projects are planning a large-scale solar project on-site at the non-profit arts center in Santa Rosa, Calif. The 400 KW system with 1,630 solar panels will generate 90 percent of the center’s power needs.
The initiative is made possible through a 10-year power purchase agreement in which Nelson Solar Projects will provide capital financing and installation of the canopy-mounted photovoltaic system to be installed on four rows of sunshade carport structures. The Arts Center will fully own the solar system at the end of the PPA and will realize significant savings on energy costs beginning in 2023.
Recently, New York City’s Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts announced it would purchase renewable energy certificates (RECs) from Green Mountain Energy to provide 100 percent of the center’s electricity usage, which is estimated at 21.6 million KWh annually.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Top 10 Steps for a Successful EMIS Project
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- There’s Money in the Trash
- Approaches to Managing EHS&S Data
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers