LEDs to Cut Ashland Foundry & Machine Works Lighting Costs 85%
The Digital Lumens Intelligent LED Lighting System will cut 85 percent of energy used for lighting, according the company. Ashland replaced 400W and 1000W metal halide fixtures. Since deployment, the company has saved $85,652 on energy. Smart Start Lighting managed the project. Payback was reduced to two years with a PPL Electric Utilities rebate of $109,000.
The Ashland, PA-based company said that it chose Digital Lumens’ system because of its efficiency, the control it provides, the number of light levels offered, its durability and the lack of maintenance necessary.
Digital Lumens is not only an industrial LED company. The New York Times reported last week that it is supplying lights for a study at Brown University that looks at how brightness and spectrum can influence learning among adolescents.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers