ASHRAE, ANSI Approve Bluon Energy TdX 20 Refrigerant
The American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE) has approved Bluon Energy’s TdX 20 refrigerant under Standard 34-2013. The approval was validated by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI). TdX 20 was given the designation R-458A.
The press release was issued this week. However, R-458A was approved by the Standards Committee on June 26 and by the ASHRAE Board of Directors three days later. Approval by ANSI came on July 27, 2016.
Bluon Energy says that TdX 20 improves the performance and extends the life cycle of existing HVAC and refrigeration equipment. It is safe, reduces, reduces energy consumption by as much as 25 percent and is authorized by the EPA’s Significant New Alternatives Policy (SNAP).
The chiller sector is changing drastically due to new refrigerants and the capability of tighter control of machinery via the Internet of Things and other new technology.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Top 10 Steps for a Successful EMIS Project
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- Practical Guide to Transforming Energy Data into Better Buildings
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology