ASHRAE, ANSI Approve Bluon Energy TdX 20 Refrigerant
The American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE) has approved Bluon Energy’s TdX 20 refrigerant under Standard 34-2013. The approval was validated by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI). TdX 20 was given the designation R-458A.
The press release was issued this week. However, R-458A was approved by the Standards Committee on June 26 and by the ASHRAE Board of Directors three days later. Approval by ANSI came on July 27, 2016.
Bluon Energy says that TdX 20 improves the performance and extends the life cycle of existing HVAC and refrigeration equipment. It is safe, reduces, reduces energy consumption by as much as 25 percent and is authorized by the EPA’s Significant New Alternatives Policy (SNAP).
The chiller sector is changing drastically due to new refrigerants and the capability of tighter control of machinery via the Internet of Things and other new technology.
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Operationalizing EHS Management: Bridge the Gap from Strategy to Execution
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals