ASHRAE Publishes Fourth Edition of its GreenGuide
The newly published fourth edition of the ASHRAE GreenGuide contains updated guidance that reflects how green building practices as well as the industry have changed since the first edition was published in 2004.
Over the past decade, the industry has witnessed the continued evolution of green building programs have evolved from voluntary to more in the industry mainstream or mandatory, according to ASHRAE.
ASHRAE GreenGuide: Design, Construction, and Operation of Sustainable Buildings, 4th Edition, uses an integrated, building systems perspective to provide need-to-know information on what to do, where to turn, what to suggest, and how to interact with other members of the design team.
The guide contains several changes that will impact green building design.
First is a complete revision of the indoor environmental quality (IEQ) chapter with much of the content based on the Indoor Air Quality Guide: Best Practices for Design, Construction and Commissioning.
Another change is a new chapter on sustainable sites.
As in previous editions, the book contains GreenTips, or which are sidebars containing information on techniques, processes, measures or systems. There are 44 GreenTips in this edition, including new ones on topics such as condensing boilers, rain gardens, green roofs and data centers.
- 6 Steps from Getting the Most From Every Lighting Retrofit
- Act Local, Think Global: To Drive Agrifood Supply Chain Sustainability
- The Business Case for Corporate Sustainability Tools
- Energy Efficiency Ratings: Benchmarks that Drive Excellence in Building Design & Operations
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- The Guru’s Guide: Implementing Environmental ERP Systems
- 2013-20114 Winter Polar Vortex
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement