ASHRAE Publishes Fourth Edition of its GreenGuide
The newly published fourth edition of the ASHRAE GreenGuide contains updated guidance that reflects how green building practices as well as the industry have changed since the first edition was published in 2004.
Over the past decade, the industry has witnessed the continued evolution of green building programs have evolved from voluntary to more in the industry mainstream or mandatory, according to ASHRAE.
ASHRAE GreenGuide: Design, Construction, and Operation of Sustainable Buildings, 4th Edition, uses an integrated, building systems perspective to provide need-to-know information on what to do, where to turn, what to suggest, and how to interact with other members of the design team.
The guide contains several changes that will impact green building design.
First is a complete revision of the indoor environmental quality (IEQ) chapter with much of the content based on the Indoor Air Quality Guide: Best Practices for Design, Construction and Commissioning.
Another change is a new chapter on sustainable sites.
As in previous editions, the book contains GreenTips, or which are sidebars containing information on techniques, processes, measures or systems. There are 44 GreenTips in this edition, including new ones on topics such as condensing boilers, rain gardens, green roofs and data centers.
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Expert Q and A: Tips for Automating your Energy Data
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- Choosing the Right LED Product for Industrial Lighting Applications
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- The Value of Integrating Health, Safety and Environment Processes with Enterprise Asset Management
- An Integrated Approach to Managing Today's Energy and Utility Assets
- 24 Hour Fitness Trims Waste Costs Through an Effective Waste Recycling Program
- The Business Case for Corporate Sustainability Tools
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room
- Your Roadmap for Energy Management: First Stop – Myths & Realities of Energy Purchasing