ASHRAE Publishes Updates on Liquid Cooling for Data Centers
ASHRAE’s second edition “Liquid Cooling Guidelines for Datacom Equipment Centers” provides best practice guidance for implementing liquid cooling systems in data centers.
The book addresses increased interest in liquid cooled IT equipment at the rack, equipment and component levels as well as reuse of the heat rejected from IT equipment. The revised edition also includes the addition of supply water temperature classification.
There are five water temperature classes with the highest temperature class being >45 C (113 F), which opens up possibilities for using the rejected heat for building heating systems.
The Wall Street Journal reported that the higher temperature ranges and increased humidity levels set for data centers by ASHRAE have spawned innovative ideas for data center cooling.
As the requests for sustainability data increase, the sustainability reporting chain becomes more complex. Understanding how to streamline your reporting chain is essential for keeping pace with these demands. The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain White Paper explores how to help simplify this increasingly complex process and optimize your reporting. Click to learn more.
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- BuildingIQ's Meter Processing Flow
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- 2013-20114 Winter Polar Vortex
- Combined Heat and Power
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management