ASHRAE Recognizes Outstanding Industry Achievements
Forty-six people were recognized by ASHRAE for their contributions to the Society and the building industry at the Society’s 2014 Winter Conference held Jan. 18-22.
The F. Paul Anderson Award, the Society’s highest honor, is awarded for notable achievement of outstanding services performed in the HVAC&R field. The recipient is Presidential Member Kent Peterson, P.E., Fellow ASHRAE, ASHRAE-Certified Building Energy Assessment Professional.
The Hall of Fame honors deceased members who have made contributions to the growth of HVAC&R technology. Fred Wolf Jr., who contributed to the development of home refrigeration and played an active role in mass-marketing one of the first simple, inexpensive household refrigerators, the DOMELRE, in 1913, was recognized.
Fellow ASHRAE is a membership grade that recognizes members who have attained distinction and made substantial contributions in HVAC&R. The Society elevated 15 members to the grade of Fellow.
The ASHRAE Technology Awards recognize outstanding achievements by members who have successfully applied innovative building designs, which incorporate ASHRAE standards for effective energy management and indoor air quality. Six projects received first-place ASHRAE Technology Awards.
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Expert Q and A: Tips for Automating your Energy Data
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- Evaluation Guide: Four Steps to a Successful Lighting Evaluation
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- 2014 Energy and Sustainability Predictions: Findings from Leading Professionals
- Harness the Value of Big Data to Build Smarter Infrastructures
- An Integrated Approach to Managing Today's Energy and Utility Assets
- EHS Managers: The Evolution from Necessary Evil to Vital Leaders
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room
- Your Roadmap for Energy Management: First Stop – Myths & Realities of Energy Purchasing