ASHRAE Recognizes Outstanding Industry Achievements
Forty-six people were recognized by ASHRAE for their contributions to the Society and the building industry at the Society’s 2014 Winter Conference held Jan. 18-22.
The F. Paul Anderson Award, the Society’s highest honor, is awarded for notable achievement of outstanding services performed in the HVAC&R field. The recipient is Presidential Member Kent Peterson, P.E., Fellow ASHRAE, ASHRAE-Certified Building Energy Assessment Professional.
The Hall of Fame honors deceased members who have made contributions to the growth of HVAC&R technology. Fred Wolf Jr., who contributed to the development of home refrigeration and played an active role in mass-marketing one of the first simple, inexpensive household refrigerators, the DOMELRE, in 1913, was recognized.
Fellow ASHRAE is a membership grade that recognizes members who have attained distinction and made substantial contributions in HVAC&R. The Society elevated 15 members to the grade of Fellow.
The ASHRAE Technology Awards recognize outstanding achievements by members who have successfully applied innovative building designs, which incorporate ASHRAE standards for effective energy management and indoor air quality. Six projects received first-place ASHRAE Technology Awards.
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- Energy Efficiency Ratings: Benchmarks that Drive Excellence in Building Design & Operations
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- NAEM Research Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Integrated Building Optimization
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement