ASHRAE Recognizes Outstanding Industry Achievements
Forty-six people were recognized by ASHRAE for their contributions to the Society and the building industry at the Society’s 2014 Winter Conference held Jan. 18-22.
The F. Paul Anderson Award, the Society’s highest honor, is awarded for notable achievement of outstanding services performed in the HVAC&R field. The recipient is Presidential Member Kent Peterson, P.E., Fellow ASHRAE, ASHRAE-Certified Building Energy Assessment Professional.
The Hall of Fame honors deceased members who have made contributions to the growth of HVAC&R technology. Fred Wolf Jr., who contributed to the development of home refrigeration and played an active role in mass-marketing one of the first simple, inexpensive household refrigerators, the DOMELRE, in 1913, was recognized.
Fellow ASHRAE is a membership grade that recognizes members who have attained distinction and made substantial contributions in HVAC&R. The Society elevated 15 members to the grade of Fellow.
The ASHRAE Technology Awards recognize outstanding achievements by members who have successfully applied innovative building designs, which incorporate ASHRAE standards for effective energy management and indoor air quality. Six projects received first-place ASHRAE Technology Awards.
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- How to Automate the Collection & Delivery of Utility Billing Data
- Complex Manufacturing Assets Require Integrated Management
- Getting It Right: Evaluating, Deploying EMIS Software
- Dow Chemical Company Optimizes Facility Management Worldwide
- EHS Managers: The Evolution from Necessary Evil to Vital Leaders
- Evaluation Guide: Four Steps to a Successful Lighting Evaluation
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room