Asphalt Additive Increases Fluidity, Saves Energy
Honeywell has a new line of additives for asphalt, aimed at helping the paving industry decrease energy usage, reduce emissions and save money.
By adding small quantities of Honeywell Titan additives, asphalt flows as much as 60 to 80 percent more easily compared with asphalt modified with traditional technologies. And improved asphalt fluidity allows for temperature reduction during both the manufacturing and paving processes, so less energy is needed, and costs are reduced for both asphalt manufacturers and road pavers.
Honeywell Titan’s unique properties have been demonstrated in a paving trial with the Texas Department of Transportation, which found it decreased fuel usage by 13 percent and decreased the number of paving roller passes by one-third, which in turn reduces the time required to pave roads.
According to Honeywell, peer-reviewed data demonstrate that adding Honeywell Titan to asphalt can reduce paving-related emissions of sulfur dioxide by 82 percent, nitrogen oxides by 43 percent, volatile organic compounds by 19 percent, and carbon dioxide by 18 percent. Depending on the asphalt’s composition, using Honeywell Titan can also reduce the amount of additive required by nearly 30 percent.
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- Integrated Building Optimization
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- The Business Case for Corporate Sustainability Tools
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement