Assisted Living Center Spends $2.6 Million for Energy Retrofit
Christian Care Communities is investing $2.6 million for a renovation and energy savings initiative at its senior living facility in downtown Louisville, Ky., impacting about 500 residents and 300 staff.
Slated improvements for three buildings at the facility include brighter, energy-efficient lighting, new boilers and improved air-conditioning, additional insulation and water conserving plumbing fixtures. The renovation will be managed by Johnson Controls and will create 37 temporary jobs.Work will begin immediately and be completed in six months.
Christian Care expects its investment in green technology and equipment will be repaid in accrued cost savings. On the energy side alone, Christian Care immediately stands to save a minimum of 26 percent on its overall utility costs, which average $47,000 per month. That will decrease to $34,000 per month, as guaranteed by a 15-year energy saving performance contract with Johnson Controls, according to Christian Care.
Financing for the renovation and energy savings project was provided by United Bank & Trust Company in Georgetown, Ky. Christian Care is actively pursuing grants to fund and launch energy saving improvements at its other senior living communities across the state.
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Expert Q and A: Tips for Automating your Energy Data
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Evaluation Guide: Four Steps to a Successful Lighting Evaluation
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- 2014 Energy and Sustainability Predictions: Findings from Leading Professionals
- The Business Case for Corporate Sustainability Tools
- The Impact of a Changing Workforce on Facilities Management
- Complex Manufacturing Assets Require Integrated Management
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room
- Your Roadmap for Energy Management: First Stop – Myths & Realities of Energy Purchasing