ATCO Gas Launches CHP Program
ATCO Gas has launched a new combined heat and power (CHP) program aimed at reducing operational costs and greenhouse gas emissions at municipal and commercial facilities in Alberta.
The program launches with two energy-saving projects. ATCO Gas will install, own and maintain CHP units at the Collicutt Centre, a recreation facility in the City of Red Deer, and the Sierras of Tuscany, an adult condominium complex in Calgary. The program requires no upfront investment on the part of the building owner, ATCO Gas said.
ATCO Gas estimates that the Collicutt Centre will save about $35,000 per year in energy costs over the life of the project, and the Sierras of Tuscany will save about $28,000 per year in energy costs.
The CHP program, funded in part by the Climate Change and Emissions Management Corporation (CCEMC), is ideally suited in buildings with a year-round heating requirement including recreation, seniors or medical centers, condominiums, swimming pools and institutions.
- ASSA ABLOY: Investing in Sustainability Opens the Door for Business Opportunity
- NAEM Research Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Mobility from the Plant Floor to the Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy and Productivity
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Solar Request for Proposal (RFP) Guide
- LG Electronics: Enhancing customer Experience through Sustainability
- NAEM 2015 EHS and Sustainability Software Buyers Guide
- How to Thrive in Today's EHS Landscape