ATCO Gas Launches CHP Program
ATCO Gas has launched a new combined heat and power (CHP) program aimed at reducing operational costs and greenhouse gas emissions at municipal and commercial facilities in Alberta.
The program launches with two energy-saving projects. ATCO Gas will install, own and maintain CHP units at the Collicutt Centre, a recreation facility in the City of Red Deer, and the Sierras of Tuscany, an adult condominium complex in Calgary. The program requires no upfront investment on the part of the building owner, ATCO Gas said.
ATCO Gas estimates that the Collicutt Centre will save about $35,000 per year in energy costs over the life of the project, and the Sierras of Tuscany will save about $28,000 per year in energy costs.
The CHP program, funded in part by the Climate Change and Emissions Management Corporation (CCEMC), is ideally suited in buildings with a year-round heating requirement including recreation, seniors or medical centers, condominiums, swimming pools and institutions.
- Verdantix Green Quadrant for EHS Software
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- Practical Insights into the Implementation of GHS Around the Globe
- Beyond Compliance: Applying a Risk Lens to Your EHS Practice
- Just the Facts: 8 Popular Misconceptions about LEDs & Controls
- A Roadmap for Effective Process Safety Management