Atlanta Building Owners Get Access To Energy Retrofit Funds
Invest Atlanta, the city’s economic development authority, has voted to spend up to $200 million in energy retrofit financing via the Clean Energy Atlanta program. If the City Council votes to approve the project, Ygrene Energy Fund, a provider of clean energy finance programs for local governments, will spearhead the initiative available to commercial and multi-family residential building owners in Atlanta’s central business district. Ygrene will administer a fund to give owners of downtown commercial properties access to capital to upgrade their buildings and better compete for tenants and residents.
The initiative is predicted to be a shot in the arm for Atlanta’s construction industry, creating as many as 3,000 jobs and injecting up to $530 million in economic activity for Atlanta’s economy, according to Ygrene. This initiative is part of the city’s plan to reduce its carbon footprint by 7 percent by the end of 2012.
Clean Energy Atlanta provides private funding for building energy upgrades at no installation cost, repaid through property tax assessments. The program is a clearinghouse for financing and administering project deployment, connecting owners of eligible buildings with qualified local contractors to perform the renewable energy and energy efficiency upgrades.
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- The Guru’s Guide: Implementing Environmental ERP Systems
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- Energy Efficiency Ratings: Benchmarks that Drive Excellence in Building Design & Operations
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- 6 Steps from Getting the Most From Every Lighting Retrofit
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement