AT&T Center Gets LED Makeover
The AT&T Center in San Antonio – home of the NBA’s Spurs, the San Antonio Stock Show & Rodeo and other teams and events – has undergone a $110 million infrastructure and technology renovation, according to LED Inside.
Among the upgrades was installation of LED lighting. The arena replaced 500 metal halide lights. The LEDs are expected to save 262,000 kWh — $26,000 – annually. In addition, the arena earned a $312,673 rebate for the project. Combined, the savings and rebate are expected to make the payback period three years, the story said.
The project is a partnership between Spurs Sports & Entertainment and Bexar County, where the arena is located.
TD Garden in Boston recently underwent an extensive LED upgrade. The multistage project will eventually replace about 16,000 lights.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds
- Top 10 Steps for a Successful EMIS Project
- Operationalizing EHS Management: Bridge the Gap from Strategy to Execution
- There’s Money in the Trash
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Approaches to Managing EHS&S Data
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals