AT&T Center Gets LED Makeover
The AT&T Center in San Antonio – home of the NBA’s Spurs, the San Antonio Stock Show & Rodeo and other teams and events – has undergone a $110 million infrastructure and technology renovation, according to LED Inside.
Among the upgrades was installation of LED lighting. The arena replaced 500 metal halide lights. The LEDs are expected to save 262,000 kWh — $26,000 – annually. In addition, the arena earned a $312,673 rebate for the project. Combined, the savings and rebate are expected to make the payback period three years, the story said.
The project is a partnership between Spurs Sports & Entertainment and Bexar County, where the arena is located.
TD Garden in Boston recently underwent an extensive LED upgrade. The multistage project will eventually replace about 16,000 lights.
- Operationalizing EHS Management: Bridge the Gap from Strategy to Execution
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- Practical Guide to Transforming Energy Data into Better Buildings
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- 2013-2014 Winter Polar Vortex
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology