AutoGrid Raises $12.75M
AutoGrid Systems has raised $12.75 million in Series C financing led by a consortium of strategic investors to expand its operations. The consortium includes the large European utility E.ON as well as existing investors Foundation Capital and Voyager Capital, among others.
The new round of funding will support AutoGrid’s customer growth for its Energy Data Platform (EDP) as well as expand the suite of company developed and third party applications available on EDP for use by the energy industry.
AutoGrid’s EDP is a big data analytics platform that analyzes the complex interrelationships within the energy supply chain through the petabytes of structured and unstructured data coming from smart meters, building management systems, M2M systems and other assets. The forecasts generated by EDP create a comprehensive portrait of grid activity that lets generators, utilities, energy service providers and electricity users predict and manage power distribution.
Austin Energy created a “Bring Your Own Thermostat” demand response program with AutoGrid that linked to thermostats consumers bought at retail. The system has cut HVAC loads by up to 33 percent in subject homes.
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- Choosing the Right LED Product for Industrial Lighting Applications
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Select the Right Solution for Facilities Management
- Cox Enterprises Cuts Energy Costs Up to 10-15% in Certain Markets
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- 24 Hour Fitness Trims Waste Costs Through an Effective Waste Recycling Program
- The Business Case for Corporate Sustainability Tools
- Optimizing Asset and Service Management in the Manufacturing Industry
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room
- Your Roadmap for Energy Management: First Stop – Myths & Realities of Energy Purchasing