Avista Program Helps Small Business Become Energy Efficient
Seattle PI posted a piece this week about Avista Corp.’s energy efficiency program, which is aimed at small- and medium-sized businesses. The dynamics are different at this level, the piece says: There rarely is a person charged with energy efficiency matters, so the responsibility flows to the boss. He or she has little expertise or time to deal with these issues.
In nine months, the piece says, the Spokane, WA-based com;pany has installed almost 12,000 energy efficiency measures and save more than 900,000 kWh.
The piece says that the program is active in eastern Washington and northern Idaho. The area has about 20,000 small businesses. The goal is to make energy efficiency as easy as possible by simplifying decision making, minimizing disruptions and clearly elucidating next steps.
. Decision making is simplified, disruptions minimized and the next steps made clear.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection