Aviva Chooses Hara Energy Management Software
UK insurance company Aviva now has visibility into its distributed energy and water activities by using Hara’s enterprise energy management and sustainability software, which gives Aviva an improved ability to actively track consumption, forecast future use, and manage its resource efficiency on a wider UK basis.
As a founding member of the Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP), Aviva’s key focus areas are to decrease operating costs, decrease energy and water consumption and improve its bottom line. With aggressive targets set, Aviva is leveraging Hara’s solution to ensure progress toward meeting these goals and the requirements set out by the Carbon Reduction Commitment.
Insurance companies are increasingly making the news in terms of their interest in reducing energy use. Recently, both Assurant Specialty Property and Aetna installed solar panels on corporate facilities. And MetLife upgraded to GE Lighting’s Evolve LED outdoor lighting in parking lots at 10 office locations and switched to more energy-efficient T8 fluorescent indoor lighting at its 650,000-sq-foot administrative center in St. Louis.
In December 2012, the UK government announced it would simplify its carbon reporting scheme in an effort to reduce administrative costs for businesses. Rather than reporting emissions on 29 fuel sources, the Carbon Reduction Commitment’s (CRC’s) Energy Efficiency Scheme now requires reporting on only two energy sources: electricity and gas for heating.
- Facilities & Maintenance Management Best Practices
- Environmental Leader Technology Reviews
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- The Logistics, Carbon, and Business Data Book: Fall 2012 Sustainability Trends
- 2013 Insider Knowledge
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Harness the Value of Big Data to Build Smarter Infrastructures
- 5 Must-Have Utility Billing Alerts
- The Business Case for Corporate Sustainability Tools
- How to Reduce Cost by Increasing Accountability for Energy Efficiency
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room
- Your Roadmap for Energy Management: First Stop – Myths & Realities of Energy Purchasing
- Control the Balance of Power: The Future of Intelligent Energy Systems