Aviva Chooses Hara Energy Management Software
UK insurance company Aviva now has visibility into its distributed energy and water activities by using Hara’s enterprise energy management and sustainability software, which gives Aviva an improved ability to actively track consumption, forecast future use, and manage its resource efficiency on a wider UK basis.
As a founding member of the Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP), Aviva’s key focus areas are to decrease operating costs, decrease energy and water consumption and improve its bottom line. With aggressive targets set, Aviva is leveraging Hara’s solution to ensure progress toward meeting these goals and the requirements set out by the Carbon Reduction Commitment.
Insurance companies are increasingly making the news in terms of their interest in reducing energy use. Recently, both Assurant Specialty Property and Aetna installed solar panels on corporate facilities. And MetLife upgraded to GE Lighting’s Evolve LED outdoor lighting in parking lots at 10 office locations and switched to more energy-efficient T8 fluorescent indoor lighting at its 650,000-sq-foot administrative center in St. Louis.
In December 2012, the UK government announced it would simplify its carbon reporting scheme in an effort to reduce administrative costs for businesses. Rather than reporting emissions on 29 fuel sources, the Carbon Reduction Commitment’s (CRC’s) Energy Efficiency Scheme now requires reporting on only two energy sources: electricity and gas for heating.
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Just the Facts: 8 Popular Misconceptions about LEDs & Controls
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- 6 for 2016: Global Energy Market Trends
- It's Time for Today's EHS and Sustainability Professionals to Embrace Big Data
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation