Aviva Chooses Hara Energy Management Software
UK insurance company Aviva now has visibility into its distributed energy and water activities by using Hara’s enterprise energy management and sustainability software, which gives Aviva an improved ability to actively track consumption, forecast future use, and manage its resource efficiency on a wider UK basis.
As a founding member of the Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP), Aviva’s key focus areas are to decrease operating costs, decrease energy and water consumption and improve its bottom line. With aggressive targets set, Aviva is leveraging Hara’s solution to ensure progress toward meeting these goals and the requirements set out by the Carbon Reduction Commitment.
Insurance companies are increasingly making the news in terms of their interest in reducing energy use. Recently, both Assurant Specialty Property and Aetna installed solar panels on corporate facilities. And MetLife upgraded to GE Lighting’s Evolve LED outdoor lighting in parking lots at 10 office locations and switched to more energy-efficient T8 fluorescent indoor lighting at its 650,000-sq-foot administrative center in St. Louis.
In December 2012, the UK government announced it would simplify its carbon reporting scheme in an effort to reduce administrative costs for businesses. Rather than reporting emissions on 29 fuel sources, the Carbon Reduction Commitment’s (CRC’s) Energy Efficiency Scheme now requires reporting on only two energy sources: electricity and gas for heating.
Why bring buildings online? What information can operations teams glean from real-time data that they can’t just get from the monthly data provided by utility companies? Click to learn more.
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- BuildingIQ's Meter Processing Flow
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- 2013-20114 Winter Polar Vortex
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Combined Heat and Power
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management