Baker Electric Installs Energy Storage at Headquarters
Sharp Electronics installed its SmartStorage energy storage system at Baker Electric‘s headquarters in Escondido, California. The 30 kW storage system is coupled with Baker’s existing 90 kW solar PV system. Baker Electric is also a channel ally of Sharp and will promote the energy storage system to its commercial building customers to help them cap utility demand charges.
SmartStorage is a battery-based demand management energy storage system designed to reduce commercial and industrial buildings’ peak electricity use. It combines Sharp’s energy management system with hardware, operating as a stand-alone system or when deployed along with a solar system.
Baker Electric’s SmartStorage system installation is backed by Sharp’s 10-year Asset Management Service Agreement, which provides all routine and unscheduled maintenance coupled with a 10-year demand reduction performance guarantee.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- Best Practices in Electricity Procurement
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds