Bakers Pledge Energy Reductions
The American Bakers Association (ABA) reported that 104 bakeries are taking the EPA Energy Star Challenge for Industry, which includes a pledge to reduce a manufacturing site’s energy intensity by 10 percent within five years or less.
If these bakeries together reduce their energy intensity and use by 10 percent it could save over 768,000 million BTUs of energy, says ABA.
ABA advocates on behalf of more than 700 baking facilities and baking company suppliers.
- Act Local, Think Global: To Drive Agrifood Supply Chain Sustainability
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- 2014 Insider Knowledge Report
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- 6 Steps from Getting the Most From Every Lighting Retrofit
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- How to Automate the Collection & Delivery of Utility Billing Data
- Energy Efficiency Ratings: Benchmarks that Drive Excellence in Building Design & Operations
- NAEM Research Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement