Baldor Specialty Foods Reduces Lighting Energy By 70%
Revolution Lighting Technologies completed an LED lighting project at Baldor Specialty Foods in the Hunts Point area of the Bronx, NY, consisting of 3,000 Seesmart LED tube lamps and exterior wall packs, which will yield a reduction of more than 750,000 kWh per year, equating to a 70 percent reduction in lighting energy savings with a payback in about thirteen months.
A Revolution spokesman said, “They were using 1,079,166.24 kWh annually for their existing lighting, and after the LED retrofit, they are using 328,672.01 kWh.
Baldor’s total net energy savings over five years is projected to exceeding $500,000. The project will also result in a $124,000 rebate from New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA).
The LEDs replaced a combination of T5 and T8 linear fluorescent fixtures and high wattage Metal Halide fixtures. Since the LED tubes produce considerably less heat than the existing lamps, the load on Baldor’s cooling and refrigeration systems will be substantially reduced.
Also, Seesmart’s LED tubes do not have a glass lens, making them a suitable choice for food preparation areas, and they are not impacted by the cold temperatures Baldor must maintain in their cold storage areas.
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- Addressing Regulatory Trends with UVC LED-based Sensors
- Practical Insights into the Implementation of GHS Around the Globe
- Beyond Compliance: Applying a Risk Lens to Your EHS Practice
- A Roadmap for Effective Process Safety Management
- Just the Facts: 8 Popular Misconceptions about LEDs & Controls
- Mobility from the Plant Floor to the Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy and Productivity