Baldor Specialty Foods Reduces Lighting Energy By 70%
Revolution Lighting Technologies completed an LED lighting project at Baldor Specialty Foods in the Hunts Point area of the Bronx, NY, consisting of 3,000 Seesmart LED tube lamps and exterior wall packs, which will yield a reduction of more than 750,000 kWh per year, equating to a 70 percent reduction in lighting energy savings with a payback in about thirteen months.
A Revolution spokesman said, “They were using 1,079,166.24 kWh annually for their existing lighting, and after the LED retrofit, they are using 328,672.01 kWh.
Baldor’s total net energy savings over five years is projected to exceeding $500,000. The project will also result in a $124,000 rebate from New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA).
The LEDs replaced a combination of T5 and T8 linear fluorescent fixtures and high wattage Metal Halide fixtures. Since the LED tubes produce considerably less heat than the existing lamps, the load on Baldor’s cooling and refrigeration systems will be substantially reduced.
Also, Seesmart’s LED tubes do not have a glass lens, making them a suitable choice for food preparation areas, and they are not impacted by the cold temperatures Baldor must maintain in their cold storage areas.
- ASSA ABLOY: Investing in Sustainability Opens the Door for Business Opportunity
- Migration to Mobile: The Evolution of EHS Management Tools
- Mobility from the Plant Floor to the Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy and Productivity
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Best Practices in Electricity Procurement
- NAEM Research Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Verdantix Green Quadrant for EHS Software
- Solar Request for Proposal (RFP) Guide