Ballard Outdoor Cabinet Stores Fuel Cell for Telecom Backup Power
Ballard Power Systems launched a standardized fuel cell backup power cabinet suitable for outdoor deployment as part of its ElectraGen product portfolio for telecom network operators.
The new outdoor enclosures are designed to accommodate Ballard’s direct hydrogen backup power systems and feature modular construction and options enabling customization.
The outdoor enclosure is available in two versions, standard and compact. It features flat-pack construction, enabling on-site assembly, and permits customizable configuration of Ballard’s ElectraGen-H2 direct hydrogen fuel cell backup power system.
In addition, the standard cabinet includes an optional cold weather kit allowing operation in temperatures to -40 degrees.
ElectraGen-H2 system features include:
- Customizable power output; up to 10kW in the standard cabinet, and up to 5kW in the compact cabinet
- Battery-free bridging energy available through the use of ultracaps
- Fully integrated power management
- Extended duration runtime
- Plug and play integration
- Small footprint
- Zero emissions
The ElectraGen-H2 system and new outdoor enclosure are developed, manufactured and distributed by Ballard’s backup power subsidiary, Dantherm Power based in Denmark.
- The Guru’s Guide: Implementing Environmental ERP Systems
- Sustainability Reporting for Commercial Real Estate: GRESB
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Mobility From The Plant Floor To The Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy, and Productivity
- Building Energy Intelligence
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- Integrating sustainability into your ERM framework
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management