Ballard Outdoor Cabinet Stores Fuel Cell for Telecom Backup Power
Ballard Power Systems launched a standardized fuel cell backup power cabinet suitable for outdoor deployment as part of its ElectraGen product portfolio for telecom network operators.
The new outdoor enclosures are designed to accommodate Ballard’s direct hydrogen backup power systems and feature modular construction and options enabling customization.
The outdoor enclosure is available in two versions, standard and compact. It features flat-pack construction, enabling on-site assembly, and permits customizable configuration of Ballard’s ElectraGen-H2 direct hydrogen fuel cell backup power system.
In addition, the standard cabinet includes an optional cold weather kit allowing operation in temperatures to -40 degrees.
ElectraGen-H2 system features include:
- Customizable power output; up to 10kW in the standard cabinet, and up to 5kW in the compact cabinet
- Battery-free bridging energy available through the use of ultracaps
- Fully integrated power management
- Extended duration runtime
- Plug and play integration
- Small footprint
- Zero emissions
The ElectraGen-H2 system and new outdoor enclosure are developed, manufactured and distributed by Ballard’s backup power subsidiary, Dantherm Power based in Denmark.
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- Environmental Leader Technology Reviews
- Q4 2013 Sustainability Trends - The Logistics, Carbon and Business Data Book
- 2013 Insider Knowledge
- Beyond Equipment Management by Spreadsheets
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- How to Automate the Collection & Delivery of Utility Billing Data
- Dow Chemical Company Optimizes Facility Management Worldwide
- EHS Managers: The Evolution from Necessary Evil to Vital Leaders
- 9 Ways to Reduce Energy Costs
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room
- Your Roadmap for Energy Management: First Stop – Myths & Realities of Energy Purchasing
- Control the Balance of Power: The Future of Intelligent Energy Systems