Ballard Outdoor Cabinet Stores Fuel Cell for Telecom Backup Power
Ballard Power Systems launched a standardized fuel cell backup power cabinet suitable for outdoor deployment as part of its ElectraGen product portfolio for telecom network operators.
The new outdoor enclosures are designed to accommodate Ballard’s direct hydrogen backup power systems and feature modular construction and options enabling customization.
The outdoor enclosure is available in two versions, standard and compact. It features flat-pack construction, enabling on-site assembly, and permits customizable configuration of Ballard’s ElectraGen-H2 direct hydrogen fuel cell backup power system.
In addition, the standard cabinet includes an optional cold weather kit allowing operation in temperatures to -40 degrees.
ElectraGen-H2 system features include:
- Customizable power output; up to 10kW in the standard cabinet, and up to 5kW in the compact cabinet
- Battery-free bridging energy available through the use of ultracaps
- Fully integrated power management
- Extended duration runtime
- Plug and play integration
- Small footprint
- Zero emissions
The ElectraGen-H2 system and new outdoor enclosure are developed, manufactured and distributed by Ballard’s backup power subsidiary, Dantherm Power based in Denmark.
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- Choosing the Right LED Product for Industrial Lighting Applications
- Expert Q and A: Tips for Automating your Energy Data
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Harness the Value of Big Data to Build Smarter Infrastructures
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- 2014 Energy and Sustainability Predictions: Findings from Leading Professionals
- The Business Case for Corporate Sustainability Tools
- ARC Brief: Infrastructure: The Hidden Optimization Opportunity
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room
- Your Roadmap for Energy Management: First Stop – Myths & Realities of Energy Purchasing