Battery Storage Helps Manufacturer Manage Peak Energy
A123 Energy Solutions commissioned a 1 MW Grid Storage Solution (GSS) for IHI Corporation, an industrial equipment manufacturer in Japan.
The 1 MW/2.8 MWh containerized Long Duration GSS energy storage system is connected to the IHI factory located in Soma, Japan, and is helping the facility manage its peak energy consumption. The GSS can store large amounts of energy produced from variable energy resources like wind or solar for later consumption, or perform simple time shifting of peak demand to off-peak hours.
The long duration GSS has been installed and commissioned in multiple locations worldwide, and combined with A123 Energy Solutions’ high rate GSS, has reached over 110 MW deployed.
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- There’s Money in the Trash
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds