Battery Storage Helps Manufacturer Manage Peak Energy
A123 Energy Solutions commissioned a 1 MW Grid Storage Solution (GSS) for IHI Corporation, an industrial equipment manufacturer in Japan.
The 1 MW/2.8 MWh containerized Long Duration GSS energy storage system is connected to the IHI factory located in Soma, Japan, and is helping the facility manage its peak energy consumption. The GSS can store large amounts of energy produced from variable energy resources like wind or solar for later consumption, or perform simple time shifting of peak demand to off-peak hours.
The long duration GSS has been installed and commissioned in multiple locations worldwide, and combined with A123 Energy Solutions’ high rate GSS, has reached over 110 MW deployed.
- Best Practices in Electricity Procurement
- Migration to Mobile: The Evolution of EHS Management Tools
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- The Future of Operational Risk Management: The Oil & Gas and Chemicals Approach
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Get Smarter About Your Energy Procurement Data Book
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation
- NAEM Research Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Let's Do The Math for DR