Battery Storage Helps Manufacturer Manage Peak Energy
A123 Energy Solutions commissioned a 1 MW Grid Storage Solution (GSS) for IHI Corporation, an industrial equipment manufacturer in Japan.
The 1 MW/2.8 MWh containerized Long Duration GSS energy storage system is connected to the IHI factory located in Soma, Japan, and is helping the facility manage its peak energy consumption. The GSS can store large amounts of energy produced from variable energy resources like wind or solar for later consumption, or perform simple time shifting of peak demand to off-peak hours.
The long duration GSS has been installed and commissioned in multiple locations worldwide, and combined with A123 Energy Solutions’ high rate GSS, has reached over 110 MW deployed.
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Top 3 Reasons to Calculate Your Environmental Footprint
- Sustainability Reporting for Commercial Real Estate: GRESB
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Mobility From The Plant Floor To The Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy, and Productivity
- Integrating sustainability into your ERM framework
- Building Energy Intelligence
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management