Battery Storage Helps Manufacturer Manage Peak Energy
A123 Energy Solutions commissioned a 1 MW Grid Storage Solution (GSS) for IHI Corporation, an industrial equipment manufacturer in Japan.
The 1 MW/2.8 MWh containerized Long Duration GSS energy storage system is connected to the IHI factory located in Soma, Japan, and is helping the facility manage its peak energy consumption. The GSS can store large amounts of energy produced from variable energy resources like wind or solar for later consumption, or perform simple time shifting of peak demand to off-peak hours.
The long duration GSS has been installed and commissioned in multiple locations worldwide, and combined with A123 Energy Solutions’ high rate GSS, has reached over 110 MW deployed.
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- The Business Case for Corporate Sustainability Tools
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement