Battery Storage Helps Manufacturer Manage Peak Energy
A123 Energy Solutions commissioned a 1 MW Grid Storage Solution (GSS) for IHI Corporation, an industrial equipment manufacturer in Japan.
The 1 MW/2.8 MWh containerized Long Duration GSS energy storage system is connected to the IHI factory located in Soma, Japan, and is helping the facility manage its peak energy consumption. The GSS can store large amounts of energy produced from variable energy resources like wind or solar for later consumption, or perform simple time shifting of peak demand to off-peak hours.
The long duration GSS has been installed and commissioned in multiple locations worldwide, and combined with A123 Energy Solutions’ high rate GSS, has reached over 110 MW deployed.
- Top 3 Reasons to Calculate Your Environmental Footprint
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- Integrating sustainability into your ERM framework
- The Business Case for Corporate Sustainability Tools
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Sustainability Reporting for Commercial Real Estate: GRESB
- 2013-20114 Winter Polar Vortex
- The Guru’s Guide: Implementing Environmental ERP Systems
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement