Upper Peninsula Power Company Sold
BBIP Investors has acquired Upper Peninsula Power Company (UPPCO) from Integrys Energy Group.
The acquisition of UPPCO is consistent with BBIP Investors’ strategy to invest in the key essential infrastructure sectors of energy, transportation and utilities in North America and Western Europe. The transaction was announced at the signing of definitive documentation in January 2014 and was approved by the Michigan Public Service Commission on June 6, 2014, and by the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission on August 20, 2014.
UPPCO is a regulated electric utility business that provides distribution and power supply services to nearly 52,000 residential, commercial and industrial customers in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. UPPCO was formed in 1947 through the merger of three small utilities and was acquired by Integrys in 1998.
Under the terms of the agreement, BBIP Investors are acquiring UPPCO’s electricity distribution and generation operations, excluding its American Transmission Company holdings.
Photo of Upper Peninsula lighthouse via Shutterstock.
- Sustainability Reporting for Commercial Real Estate: GRESB
- Top 3 Reasons to Calculate Your Environmental Footprint
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- The Business Case for Corporate Sustainability Tools
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement