Behavioral DSM Worth $2.5B in 2024
The behavioral and analytical demand-side management category will grow from $214.7 million this year to $2.5 billion in 2024, according to Navigant Research.
Analytical demand-side management refers to the behavioral aspects of energy usage, including the impact of consumer education, individual participation and the ability to find energy savings opportunities through equipment monitoring and data analytics, according to the firm.
Commentary in the press release indicates that the emergence of behavioral and analytical DSM is tied to the growth of smart grid and smart meters. An added benefit of this approach is as a means of “expanding solution offerings and enhancing customer engagement and satisfaction.”
NEW Netz GmbH, a utility serving about 500,000 customers in the Lower Rhine region of Germany, has selected Trilliant to provide smart grid and smart metering services. The vendor will participate in a smart grid project that NEW is running that aims to demonstrate how smart energy and energy efficiency can benefit customers.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles