Behind the Meter Podcast: Greater Refrigerator Efficiency is a Cool Idea
Owners and managers of facilities that rely on refrigeration — such as supermarkets and convenience stores — must sigh every time they see a case door open and a customer pause for what probably seems like hours choosing their drink or ice cream flavor. The cold air that is rushing out, after all, is wasted money.
Clearly, enabling refrigeration units to run more efficiently is a big win. A second big win is reducing or eliminating downtime. Few things are worse for a store owner than the ice cream becoming a liquid asset.
Energy Manager Today Managing Editor Carl Weinschenk spoke this week with two executives from Freeaire — CEO Dave Mac Isaac and Managing Director Ken Strachan — about managing refrigeration. The cold hard facts are that gains are possible and a number of steps can be taken.
Music: “The Past is Obdurate” by Matt Panayides
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- There’s Money in the Trash
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- Operationalizing EHS Management: Bridge the Gap from Strategy to Execution
- Approaches to Managing EHS&S Data
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Top 10 Steps for a Successful EMIS Project