Behind the Meter Podcast: Greater Refrigerator Efficiency is a Cool Idea
Owners and managers of facilities that rely on refrigeration — such as supermarkets and convenience stores — must sigh every time they see a case door open and a customer pause for what probably seems like hours choosing their drink or ice cream flavor. The cold air that is rushing out, after all, is wasted money.
Clearly, enabling refrigeration units to run more efficiently is a big win. A second big win is reducing or eliminating downtime. Few things are worse for a store owner than the ice cream becoming a liquid asset.
Energy Manager Today Managing Editor Carl Weinschenk spoke this week with two executives from Freeaire — CEO Dave Mac Isaac and Managing Director Ken Strachan — about managing refrigeration. The cold hard facts are that gains are possible and a number of steps can be taken.
Music: “The Past is Obdurate” by Matt Panayides
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Practical Guide to Transforming Energy Data into Better Buildings
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- Top 10 Steps for a Successful EMIS Project
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?