Behind the Meter Podcast: Greater Refrigerator Efficiency is a Cool Idea
Owners and managers of facilities that rely on refrigeration — such as supermarkets and convenience stores — must sigh every time they see a case door open and a customer pause for what probably seems like hours choosing their drink or ice cream flavor. The cold air that is rushing out, after all, is wasted money.
Clearly, enabling refrigeration units to run more efficiently is a big win. A second big win is reducing or eliminating downtime. Few things are worse for a store owner than the ice cream becoming a liquid asset.
Energy Manager Today Managing Editor Carl Weinschenk spoke this week with two executives from Freeaire — CEO Dave Mac Isaac and Managing Director Ken Strachan — about managing refrigeration. The cold hard facts are that gains are possible and a number of steps can be taken.
Music: “The Past is Obdurate” by Matt Panayides
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- 2013-2014 Winter Polar Vortex
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection