Behind the Meter Podcast: Pushing Sustainability, Efficiency with Green Leases
Leases present a unique set of challenges to energy efficiency and renewable energy proponents. For instance, aligning the beneficiary with the party paying for improvements can be tricky.
In the big picture, however, green leases can be a winner all around. Last month, the Institute for Market Transformation and the U.S. Department of Energy’s Better Building Alliance named the 2016 Green Lease Leaders. The awards, which were announced at the BOMA International Conference & Expo, recognize people and organizations that write these elements into leases. This year, according to the IMT, the Green Lease Leaders portfolio added 350 million square feet. The total now is more than 1 billion square feet.
Energy Manager Today Managing Editor Carl Weinschenk discussed green leases this week with Adam Sledd, the Director of Market Engagement for the Institute for Market Transformation and Billy Grayson, the Director for Sustainability for Liberty Property Trust, a company that offers green leases through the program.
Music: “The Past is Obdurate” by Matt Panayides
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- There’s Money in the Trash
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- Practical Guide to Transforming Energy Data into Better Buildings
- Planning for a Sustainable Future