Behind the Meter Podcast: Pushing Sustainability, Efficiency with Green Leases
Leases present a unique set of challenges to energy efficiency and renewable energy proponents. For instance, aligning the beneficiary with the party paying for improvements can be tricky.
In the big picture, however, green leases can be a winner all around. Last month, the Institute for Market Transformation and the U.S. Department of Energy’s Better Building Alliance named the 2016 Green Lease Leaders. The awards, which were announced at the BOMA International Conference & Expo, recognize people and organizations that write these elements into leases. This year, according to the IMT, the Green Lease Leaders portfolio added 350 million square feet. The total now is more than 1 billion square feet.
Energy Manager Today Managing Editor Carl Weinschenk discussed green leases this week with Adam Sledd, the Director of Market Engagement for the Institute for Market Transformation and Billy Grayson, the Director for Sustainability for Liberty Property Trust, a company that offers green leases through the program.
Music: “The Past is Obdurate” by Matt Panayides
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Let's Do The Math for DR