Behind the Meter Podcast: A New Metric for Datacenter Cooling
Earlier this month, The Green Grid released a datacenter performance metric aimed at enabling energy and facility managers to make more informed cooling decisions. The new metric builds on the success of power usage effective (PUE).
Future Facilities CTO Mark Seymour, who introduced metric in a white paper entitled “The Performance Indicator: Assessing and Visualizing Data Center Cooling Performance, ” says that PUEr adds IT thermal conformance resilience and visualization to the mix.
Seymour and Energy Manager Today Managing Editor Carl Weinschenk recently discussed why the new metric is necessary and the value it offers.
Music: “The Past is Obdurate” by Matt Panayides
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- 2013-2014 Winter Polar Vortex
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds
- Practical Guide to Transforming Energy Data into Better Buildings
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- There’s Money in the Trash
- Planning for a Sustainable Future