Behind the Meter Podcast: A New Metric for Datacenter Cooling
Earlier this month, The Green Grid released a datacenter performance metric aimed at enabling energy and facility managers to make more informed cooling decisions. The new metric builds on the success of power usage effective (PUE).
Future Facilities CTO Mark Seymour, who introduced metric in a white paper entitled “The Performance Indicator: Assessing and Visualizing Data Center Cooling Performance, ” says that PUEr adds IT thermal conformance resilience and visualization to the mix.
Seymour and Energy Manager Today Managing Editor Carl Weinschenk recently discussed why the new metric is necessary and the value it offers.
Music: “The Past is Obdurate” by Matt Panayides
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- The Missing Puzzle Piece: Automated Utility Data Aggregation
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- 2013-2014 Winter Polar Vortex
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles