Behind the Meter Podcast: A New Metric for Datacenter Cooling
Earlier this month, The Green Grid released a datacenter performance metric aimed at enabling energy and facility managers to make more informed cooling decisions. The new metric builds on the success of power usage effective (PUE).
Future Facilities CTO Mark Seymour, who introduced metric in a white paper entitled “The Performance Indicator: Assessing and Visualizing Data Center Cooling Performance, ” says that PUEr adds IT thermal conformance resilience and visualization to the mix.
Seymour and Energy Manager Today Managing Editor Carl Weinschenk recently discussed why the new metric is necessary and the value it offers.
Music: “The Past is Obdurate” by Matt Panayides
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds
- Operationalizing EHS Management: Bridge the Gap from Strategy to Execution
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy