Behind the Meter Podcast: Bringing Solar to Marana Schools in Arizona
One thing that they have plenty of in Marana, AZ, is sunlight.
The town’s 18-facility school district, which is spread over 550 square miles, is taking advantage of that abundant resource with a two-phase solar project. The goal, according to officials, is to save $175,000 annually for the next two decades.
Energy Manager Today Editor Carl Weinschenk chatted last week with Dan Contorno and Russell Federico, the school district’s Chief Financial Officer and Executive Director of Operations, respectively, about the progress being made and lessons learned from the ambitious project.
Music: “The Past is Obdurate” by Matt Panayides
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Building Energy Benchmarking & Transparency Laws
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection