Behind the Meter Podcast: Bringing Solar to Marana Schools in Arizona
One thing that they have plenty of in Marana, AZ, is sunlight.
The town’s 18-facility school district, which is spread over 550 square miles, is taking advantage of that abundant resource with a two-phase solar project. The goal, according to officials, is to save $175,000 annually for the next two decades.
Energy Manager Today Editor Carl Weinschenk chatted last week with Dan Contorno and Russell Federico, the school district’s Chief Financial Officer and Executive Director of Operations, respectively, about the progress being made and lessons learned from the ambitious project.
Music: “The Past is Obdurate” by Matt Panayides
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Top 10 Steps for a Successful EMIS Project
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- There’s Money in the Trash
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Planning for a Sustainable Future