Behind the Meter Podcast: Randy Gaines on Hilton’s Better Buildings Challenge SWAP with Whole Foods
What happens when teams of energy efficiency professionals from completely different industries drop by and check out the energy efficiency the other’s operation?
According to Randy Gaines, the Vice President of Operations and New Business Development for Hilton Worldwide, the answer is that plenty of learning goes on.
Gaines’ team and its opposite number at a San Francisco Whole Foods Market recently spent time examining each other’s facilities and operations. The program, which is part of the Department of Energy’s Better Buildings Challenge, takes a fun approach to a process that Gaines thinks could prove valuable if made a regular part of energy efficiency initiatives.
Gaines chatted this week with Carl Weinschenk, Energy Manager Today’s Managing Editor.
Music: “The Past is Obdurate” by Matt Panayides
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Operationalizing EHS Management: Bridge the Gap from Strategy to Execution
- Top 10 Steps for a Successful EMIS Project
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Practical Guide to Transforming Energy Data into Better Buildings
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management