Behind the Meter Podcast: Randy Gaines on Hilton’s Better Buildings Challenge SWAP with Whole Foods
What happens when teams of energy efficiency professionals from completely different industries drop by and check out the energy efficiency the other’s operation?
According to Randy Gaines, the Vice President of Operations and New Business Development for Hilton Worldwide, the answer is that plenty of learning goes on.
Gaines’ team and its opposite number at a San Francisco Whole Foods Market recently spent time examining each other’s facilities and operations. The program, which is part of the Department of Energy’s Better Buildings Challenge, takes a fun approach to a process that Gaines thinks could prove valuable if made a regular part of energy efficiency initiatives.
Gaines chatted this week with Carl Weinschenk, Energy Manager Today’s Managing Editor.
Music: “The Past is Obdurate” by Matt Panayides
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Operationalizing EHS Management: Bridge the Gap from Strategy to Execution
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- Practical Guide to Transforming Energy Data into Better Buildings
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- Top 10 Steps for a Successful EMIS Project
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology