Behind the Meter Podcast: Ryan Rex on Cogeneration
Cogeneration offers a dual benefit to buildings: It can lower costs and provide the resiliency that Superstorm Sandy and other recent weather events proved is necessary.
It can be a hard sell to upper management, however. While the overall business case is strong, capital investments are necessary. Spending first in hopes of benefiting later is prudent, but not always popular.
Consultant Ryan Rex tells Energy Manager Today Managing Editor Carl Weinschenk that there are ways to take the edge of financing issues. Two that are proving popular, he said, are energy savings agreements and power purchase agreements. Rex also offered an update of this fast changing sector.
Music: “The Past is Obdurate” by Matt Panayides
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- There’s Money in the Trash
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- 2013-2014 Winter Polar Vortex
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Operationalizing EHS Management: Bridge the Gap from Strategy to Execution
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection