Behind the Meter Podcast: The Telecommunications Industry Addresses Energy Challenges
Daniel Howard has seen a lot of the telecommunications industry. He spent more than five years as the first chief technology officer for the Society of Cable Telecommunications Engineers (SCTE). He now is the Director of Consulting Services for the Energy Solutions Group of Hitachi Consulting.
Howard said that the lion’s share — indeed, as much as 73 percent to 83 percent — of the total amount of energy spent by telecommunications companies is consumed in the access networks. Howard and Energy Manager Today’s Carl Weinschenk spent time earlier this month discussing how the industry is working to become more efficient.
Music: “The Past is Obdurate” by Matt Panayides
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- There’s Money in the Trash
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- The Missing Puzzle Piece: Automated Utility Data Aggregation