Behind the Meter: The Many Advantages of Energy Benchmarking
EnergyScorecardsMinnesota was a Web-based energy and water benchmarking and tracking initiative that focused on managers and owners of multifamily premises. More than 550 buildings participated.
The goals of the study were to demonstrate benchmarking, study its impact on the buildings and explore how property owners and managers used the data. It was a collaborate effort of Bright Power, Excel Energy and the State of Minnesota’s Division of Energy Resources.
Carl Weinschenk, the Editor of Energy Manager Today’s Editor, spent a few minutes this week discussing EnergyScorecardsMinnesota and the broader world of benchmarking with Jonathan Braman, the Vice President of Strategic Initiatives at Bright Power.
Music: “The Past is Obdurate” by Matt Panayides
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- Approaches to Managing EHS&S Data
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Practical Guide to Transforming Energy Data into Better Buildings
- Planning for a Sustainable Future