Environmental Leader Q&A Podcast: Tracking Energy Data Can Cut Costs 5% in 4 Years
Knowing what an organization’s energy commitments can shave as much as 3 percent to 5 percent off expenditures during the first three or four years, according to DJ Amis, the Director of Product Management for Urjanet.
That low-hanging fruit can be the impetus to a more extensive program — and a great win to show the folks in the C-level suite. Later on the company can build on this infrastructure with pre planning of projects and implement other strategies that deepen the savings.
Amis and Carl Weinschenk, the Editor of Energy Manager Today, recently spent some time discussing energy data and the programs that it can help build, which range from budgeting to forecasting, design and management.
Music: “The Past is Obdurate” by Matt Panayides
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Planning for a Sustainable Future