Environmental Leader Q&A Podcast: Tracking Energy Data Can Cut Costs 5% in 4 Years
Knowing what an organization’s energy commitments can shave as much as 3 percent to 5 percent off expenditures during the first three or four years, according to DJ Amis, the Director of Product Management for Urjanet.
That low-hanging fruit can be the impetus to a more extensive program — and a great win to show the folks in the C-level suite. Later on the company can build on this infrastructure with pre planning of projects and implement other strategies that deepen the savings.
Amis and Carl Weinschenk, the Editor of Energy Manager Today, recently spent some time discussing energy data and the programs that it can help build, which range from budgeting to forecasting, design and management.
Music: “The Past is Obdurate” by Matt Panayides
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Practical Guide to Transforming Energy Data into Better Buildings
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals