Benchmarking Service Helps NY Multifamily Buildings
WegoWise is working with Steven Winter Associates to offer a new benchmarking service for multifamily buildings in New York. The service combines utility data analysis and auditing to help New York property owners comply with Local Law 84 energy disclosure mandates. In addition, it will also enable owners to tap collected utility data to identify energy-saving building retrofits.
Local Law 84 requires all buildings in New York City over 50,000 square feet – more than 16,000 buildings across the city – to have their energy-use benchmarked and reported annually.
In September 2013, New York City released the 2012 energy data for all buildings required to annually benchmark under its Local Law 84. This second annual energy-use report was the first in the nation to publicly disclose data for large multifamily buildings. About 75 percent of the city’s largest buildings are multifamily residential properties, many of which are highly inefficient.
WegoWise and Steven Winter Associates aggregate and benchmark building data directly from the utility, then prepare and submit the required report to the city on behalf of the building owner. WegoWise and Steven Winter Associates previously collaborated to support the Green Supers training program, offered by Local 32BJ to train New York building owners in green operations and maintenance. The evaluation used WegoWise to analyze Green Super buildings pre- and post-training to demonstrate energy savings implemented as a result of the training.
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Getting It Right: Evaluating, Deploying EMIS Software
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- The Business Case for Corporate Sustainability Tools
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement