Benchmarking Service Helps NY Multifamily Buildings
WegoWise is working with Steven Winter Associates to offer a new benchmarking service for multifamily buildings in New York. The service combines utility data analysis and auditing to help New York property owners comply with Local Law 84 energy disclosure mandates. In addition, it will also enable owners to tap collected utility data to identify energy-saving building retrofits.
Local Law 84 requires all buildings in New York City over 50,000 square feet – more than 16,000 buildings across the city – to have their energy-use benchmarked and reported annually.
In September 2013, New York City released the 2012 energy data for all buildings required to annually benchmark under its Local Law 84. This second annual energy-use report was the first in the nation to publicly disclose data for large multifamily buildings. About 75 percent of the city’s largest buildings are multifamily residential properties, many of which are highly inefficient.
WegoWise and Steven Winter Associates aggregate and benchmark building data directly from the utility, then prepare and submit the required report to the city on behalf of the building owner. WegoWise and Steven Winter Associates previously collaborated to support the Green Supers training program, offered by Local 32BJ to train New York building owners in green operations and maintenance. The evaluation used WegoWise to analyze Green Super buildings pre- and post-training to demonstrate energy savings implemented as a result of the training.
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- How to Automate the Collection & Delivery of Utility Billing Data
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- Choosing the Right LED Product for Industrial Lighting Applications
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- 2014 Energy and Sustainability Predictions: Findings from Leading Professionals
- The Impact of a Changing Workforce on Facilities Management
- Support Lean Manufacturing Principles with IBM Maximo Asset Management
- The Business Case for Corporate Sustainability Tools
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room
- Your Roadmap for Energy Management: First Stop – Myths & Realities of Energy Purchasing