Better Buildings Alliance Unveils Green Lease Leaders Program
“As more real estate companies look to engage tenants on energy performance, the lease is a natural starting point. Green Lease Leaders will ensure that stakeholders have a reliable, easy to understand method to signal their willingness to engage in green leasing and sustainable building operation,” said Kristen Taddonio, Manager of DOE’s Better Buildings Alliance.
Adopting changes to standard lease language may help reduce electricity and water consumption, improve tenant comfort, and allow the landlord and tenant to better control operating expenses while minimizing waste.
Landlords may struggle to determine what language should be added, what their competitors are doing, and whether or not other parties will be comfortable with proposed green lease clauses. Green Lease Leaders addresses this problem by creating an industry-approved definition of a green lease program and by recognizing landlords, tenants, and brokers nationally who are successfully meeting that standard.
The program application can be found at www.greenleaseleaders.com and the 2014 application cycle will run from January 15th to April 8th.
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Migration to Mobile: The Evolution of EHS Management Tools
- Mobility from the Plant Floor to the Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy and Productivity
- Solar Request for Proposal (RFP) Guide
- Just the Facts: 8 Popular Misconceptions about LEDs & Controls
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- NAEM 2015 EHS and Sustainability Software Buyers Guide
- Combined Heat and Power
- 2013-2014 Winter Polar Vortex