Better Buildings Challenge Includes Multifamily Housing
The Better Buildings energy efficiency challenge has been expanded to include multifamily housing. The U.S. Department of Energy and the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development announced the expansion.
About a quarter of U.S. households live in multifamily housing units and spend about $40 billion on energy costs each year. A 20-percent cut in energy use would save $7 billion. The Better Buildings Challenge is a partnership of the government departments, and private and affordable buildings owners and public housing agencies to cut energy waste.
These leaders also broadly share successful strategies that maximize energy efficiency in multifamily housing, contributing actual energy data to verify the energy savings of implemented energy upgrades. Through the Better Buildings Challenge expansion, 50 multifamily partners, representing roughly 200,000 units and more than 190 million square feet, have committed to cutting their energy use by 20 percent in 10 years.
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- Expert Q and A: Tips for Automating your Energy Data
- LED Myths and Facts
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- 2014 Energy and Sustainability Predictions: Findings from Leading Professionals
- EHS Managers: The Evolution from Necessary Evil to Vital Leaders
- Descriptive, Predictive, Prescriptive: Transforming Asset and Facilities Management with Analytics
- Optimizing Asset and Service Management in the Manufacturing Industry
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room
- Your Roadmap for Energy Management: First Stop – Myths & Realities of Energy Purchasing