Beverage Roundtable Releases Energy Management Guidelines
The initiative has six goals, according to the organization:
- Boundary: Determining what operations will be included in tracking energy production and consumption.
- Baseline: Creating a benchmark performance and measuring improvement.
- Metering: Continuous collecting, measuring, and monitoring of energy data.
- Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s): Measuring what is important.
- Benchmarking: Comparing the facility’s results with other plants or best-in-class performers.
- Goals & Targeting: Pursuing deliberate reductions, increasing employee engagement, quantifying financial savings and tracking progress.
The 2014 BIER Benchmarking Study revealed that 58 percent of facilities reporting five years of data had decreased their Energy Use Ratio between 2009 and 2013. The new guidance is aimed at accelerating that reduction by promoting consistent and systematic management of energy across global operations.
Early last year, BIER released what Sustainable Brands called the industry’s first common framework for reporting greenhouse gas emissions. The goal of the Beverage Industry Sector Guidance for Greenhouse Gas Emissions Reporting is alignment and compliance with The Greenhouse Gas Protocol from the World Business Council for Sustainable Development and World Resources Institute.
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- Building Energy Benchmarking & Transparency Laws
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management