BGE Customers Save $2B in Energy
Baltimore Gas and Electric Company says that through its BGE Smart Energy Savers Program, customers have achieved $2 billion in energy savings over the lifecycle of the energy efficiency measures installed.
The BGE Smart Energy Savers Program is a suite of offerings to reduce energy usage and demand in support of EmPOWER Maryland’s goal of a 15 percent per capita reduction in energy consumption by 2015.
The smart-meter-enabled BGE Smart Energy Rewards and Smart Energy Manager programs have allowed participating BGE customers to save nearly 1.8 billion kWh a year, and homes and businesses have received more than $380 million in incentives.
BGE has installed 1.5 million energy efficient measures to more than 17,000 business participants, over half of which are small businesses.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- There’s Money in the Trash
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles