Big Data Driving Energy Efficiency Market, Report Says
The energy efficiency market experienced modest 4 percent annual growth to reach $56 billion in 2013, a trend that will continue thanks in part to growing interest in big data analytics, according to a report by Climate Change Business Journal.
About $47.5 billion in total sales were generated from equipment, appliances and systems, while $8.8 billion came from specialty services for energy efficiency, smart grid and demand response, according to the report CCBJ Energy Efficiency & Green Buildings.
Vendors are developing proprietary technology, software and services to analyze increasingly robust data from smart meters, building systems and energy management systems, according to CCBJ senior editor Jim Hight. Analysis can help guide energy efficiency upgrades, including investment in capital-intensive retrofits, lighting and HVAC systems, Hight says.
FirstFuel, C3 Energy, Retroficiency, Gridium, Noesis Energy, Autodesk Sustainability Solutions and EnerNOC are the firms most visible in the data analytics segment of the energy efficiency market.
CCBJ also estimates the green buildings market reached $76 billion in 2013.
Earlier this month, EnerNOC announced it revised the pricing and package structure for its energy intelligence software (EIS). The new packages adopt a traditional SaaS approach of “good, better, best” bundling of features and services.
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Top 3 Reasons to Calculate Your Environmental Footprint
- Sustainability Reporting for Commercial Real Estate: GRESB
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- Integrating sustainability into your ERM framework
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- 2013-20114 Winter Polar Vortex
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- Meeting the GHG Challenge: Reporting Solutions
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement