Bioelectrically Enhanced Wastewater Powers Brewery
The Bear Republic Brewery in Cloverdale, Calif., is using a bioelectrically enhanced wastewater-to-energy system from Cambrian Innovation. The EcoVolt system uses electrically active microbes to treat wastewater while simultaneously generating renewable biogas sufficient to generate up to 50 percent of brewery’s electricity needs and greater than 20 percent of the brewery’s heat needs. The technology offers the double benefit of meeting energy needs and preserving water.
The bioelectric technology, developed by Boston-based Cambrian, was funded through the federal Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) national program, which provides $2.5 billion in funds annually to innovative small businesses across the country.
- Migration to Mobile: The Evolution of EHS Management Tools
- ASSA ABLOY: Investing in Sustainability Opens the Door for Business Opportunity
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- How to Thrive in Today's EHS Landscape
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Get Smarter About Your Energy Procurement Data Book
- Dawn of the Building Performance Era
- The Sustainable Edge™
- NAEM 2015 EHS and Sustainability Software Buyers Guide