Bioelectrically Enhanced Wastewater Powers Brewery
The Bear Republic Brewery in Cloverdale, Calif., is using a bioelectrically enhanced wastewater-to-energy system from Cambrian Innovation. The EcoVolt system uses electrically active microbes to treat wastewater while simultaneously generating renewable biogas sufficient to generate up to 50 percent of brewery’s electricity needs and greater than 20 percent of the brewery’s heat needs. The technology offers the double benefit of meeting energy needs and preserving water.
The bioelectric technology, developed by Boston-based Cambrian, was funded through the federal Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) national program, which provides $2.5 billion in funds annually to innovative small businesses across the country.
Why bring buildings online? What information can operations teams glean from real-time data that they can’t just get from the monthly data provided by utility companies? Click to learn more.
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- BuildingIQ's Meter Processing Flow
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- 2013-20114 Winter Polar Vortex
- Combined Heat and Power
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management