Bioelectrically Enhanced Wastewater Powers Brewery
The Bear Republic Brewery in Cloverdale, Calif., is using a bioelectrically enhanced wastewater-to-energy system from Cambrian Innovation. The EcoVolt system uses electrically active microbes to treat wastewater while simultaneously generating renewable biogas sufficient to generate up to 50 percent of brewery’s electricity needs and greater than 20 percent of the brewery’s heat needs. The technology offers the double benefit of meeting energy needs and preserving water.
The bioelectric technology, developed by Boston-based Cambrian, was funded through the federal Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) national program, which provides $2.5 billion in funds annually to innovative small businesses across the country.
- Get Smarter About Your Energy Procurement Data Book
- NAEM Research Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Verdantix Green Quadrant for EHS Software
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Gartner Magic Quadrant
- Best Practices in Electricity Procurement
- Combined Heat and Power
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?