Bipartisan Hopes for Efficiency Bill Revived
Sen. Jeanne Shaheen, (D-NH)., the author of an embattled energy-efficiency bill believes so. She told National Journal that she was optimistic. The bill is cosponsored with Sen. Rob Portman (R-Ohio) was stalled when fall debates shifted to the Affordable Care Act and the budget.
The bill contains incentives to speed adoption of energy-efficient technologies in the commercial, residential, and industrial sectors as well as by the federal government.
Shaheen said that while she does not yet know when the legislation might be taken up again by the full Senate, she is hoping to make an announcement with Portman on the Senate floor this week regarding the measure.
- LG Electronics: Enhancing customer Experience through Sustainability
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Migration to Mobile: The Evolution of EHS Management Tools
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Verdantix Green Quadrant for EHS Software
- The Sustainable Edge™
- ASSA ABLOY: Investing in Sustainability Opens the Door for Business Opportunity
- How to Thrive in Today's EHS Landscape