Bipartisan Hopes for Efficiency Bill Revived
Sen. Jeanne Shaheen, (D-NH)., the author of an embattled energy-efficiency bill believes so. She told National Journal that she was optimistic. The bill is cosponsored with Sen. Rob Portman (R-Ohio) was stalled when fall debates shifted to the Affordable Care Act and the budget.
The bill contains incentives to speed adoption of energy-efficient technologies in the commercial, residential, and industrial sectors as well as by the federal government.
Shaheen said that while she does not yet know when the legislation might be taken up again by the full Senate, she is hoping to make an announcement with Portman on the Senate floor this week regarding the measure.
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- Building Energy Benchmarking & Transparency Laws
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions - Findings from Leading Professionals
- Addressing Regulatory Trends with UVC LED-based Sensors
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- Solar Request for Proposal (RFP) Guide
- 6 for 2016: Global Energy Market Trends
- Verdantix Green Quadrant for EHS Software