BM TRADA Offers ISO 50001 Standards
BM TRADA has extended its scope to include energy management systems certification, following a successful pilot scheme with United Kingdom Accreditation Service (UKAS).
The global certification body was part of a pilot accreditation program run in conjunction with UKAS for the new ISO 50001:2011 energy management systems standard.
UKAS is the sole national accreditation body recognized by the UK government to assess, against internationally agreed standards, organizations that provide certification, testing, inspection and calibration services.
Accreditation by UKAS means that BM TRADA has demonstrated the competence, impartiality and performance capability of these evaluators, the company says. BM TRADA is now approved to offer accredited ISO 50001 certification to businesses around the world.
According to a survey by ISO, the number of ISO 50001 certificates increased by 332 percent year-on-year between 2011 and 2012.
A recent report from independent analyst firm Verdantix, found that 46 percent of corporations have now initiated a global energy management strategy. Of those, one third said that compliance with legislation was the key driver while another 32 per cent identified cost savings as the primary factor for implementation.
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- NAEM Research Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Integrated Building Optimization
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement