BM TRADA Offers ISO 50001 Standards
BM TRADA has extended its scope to include energy management systems certification, following a successful pilot scheme with United Kingdom Accreditation Service (UKAS).
The global certification body was part of a pilot accreditation program run in conjunction with UKAS for the new ISO 50001:2011 energy management systems standard.
UKAS is the sole national accreditation body recognized by the UK government to assess, against internationally agreed standards, organizations that provide certification, testing, inspection and calibration services.
Accreditation by UKAS means that BM TRADA has demonstrated the competence, impartiality and performance capability of these evaluators, the company says. BM TRADA is now approved to offer accredited ISO 50001 certification to businesses around the world.
According to a survey by ISO, the number of ISO 50001 certificates increased by 332 percent year-on-year between 2011 and 2012.
A recent report from independent analyst firm Verdantix, found that 46 percent of corporations have now initiated a global energy management strategy. Of those, one third said that compliance with legislation was the key driver while another 32 per cent identified cost savings as the primary factor for implementation.
- How to Thrive in Today's EHS Landscape
- Combined Heat and Power
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Case Study: Dassault Falcon Jet Taps Intelligent LED Lighting Solutions
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- NAEM Research Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Verdantix Green Quadrant for EHS Software
- Gartner Magic Quadrant
- Best Practices in Electricity Procurement