Book Examines Power Usage Effectiveness Metric
The Green Grid Association and ASHRAE have collaborated to publish PUE: A Comprehensive Examination of the Metric.
“Data centers are complex systems for which power and cooling remain key issues facing IT organizations today. The Green Grid Association’s PUE metric has been instrumental in helping data center owners and operators better understand and improve the energy efficiency of their existing data centers, as well as helping them make better decisions on new data center deployments,” said John Tuccillo, chairman of the board for The Green Grid Association and vice president of Global Industry and Government Alliances at Schneider Electric.
PUE measures the relationship between the total facility energy consumed and the IT equipment energy consumed. When viewed in the proper context, PUE provides strong guidance for and useful insight into the design of efficient power and cooling architectures, the deployment of equipment within those architectures, and the day-to-day operation of that equipment.
The metric was originally published in 2007 and it has been globally accepted. The Green Grid has continued to refine the metric’s measurement methodology with collaborative industry feedback. The book is available through the ASHRAE web site.
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- The Guru’s Guide: Implementing Environmental ERP Systems
- Choosing the Right LED Product for Industrial Lighting Applications
- The Impact of a Changing Workforce on Facilities Management
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Expert Q and A: Tips for Automating your Energy Data
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- 24 Hour Fitness Trims Waste Costs Through an Effective Waste Recycling Program
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room