Book Examines Power Usage Effectiveness Metric
The Green Grid Association and ASHRAE have collaborated to publish PUE: A Comprehensive Examination of the Metric.
“Data centers are complex systems for which power and cooling remain key issues facing IT organizations today. The Green Grid Association’s PUE metric has been instrumental in helping data center owners and operators better understand and improve the energy efficiency of their existing data centers, as well as helping them make better decisions on new data center deployments,” said John Tuccillo, chairman of the board for The Green Grid Association and vice president of Global Industry and Government Alliances at Schneider Electric.
PUE measures the relationship between the total facility energy consumed and the IT equipment energy consumed. When viewed in the proper context, PUE provides strong guidance for and useful insight into the design of efficient power and cooling architectures, the deployment of equipment within those architectures, and the day-to-day operation of that equipment.
The metric was originally published in 2007 and it has been globally accepted. The Green Grid has continued to refine the metric’s measurement methodology with collaborative industry feedback. The book is available through the ASHRAE web site.
- Operationalizing EHS Management: Bridge the Gap from Strategy to Execution
- Practical Guide to Transforming Energy Data into Better Buildings
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds
- The Missing Puzzle Piece: Automated Utility Data Aggregation
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?