Boston Properties Erects 840 kW Solar on Parking Garage
Boston Properties, Healthy Planet Partners and Solaire Generation activated what the companies are calling the Northeastern United States’ largest garage-mounted solar canopy at Boston Properties’ Bay Colony in Waltham, Mass.
The solar canopy covers 60,000 square feet (1.4 acres) atop a parking garage. The 840 kW installation is projected to produce more than one million kWh of renewable power annually.
The project comprises 2,850 panels. The energy produced is equivalent to 20 percent of Bay Colony building’s total consumption.
With the commissioning of this solar canopy, Boston Properties, a commercial REIT, now hosts 950 kW of solar installations.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- Combined Heat and Power
- There’s Money in the Trash