Boston U. Saves 770,000 kWh Per Year
Bluestone Energy Services helped Boston University to integrate energy efficiency into BU’s Track and Tennis Center. Bluestone Energy replaced existing 1000 W and 400 W metal halide fixtures with new Albeo LED fixtures and Daintree wireless controls.
The lighting control system can schedule and dim the fixtures based on event schedules, occupancy and daylight harvesting. Since the building is multi-use including events ranging from commencement to recreational and competitive sports, different lighting control schemes can be saved and scheduled for the various events.
BU will achieve a total annual savings of 770,000 kWh. Additionally, the project received a significant incentive from NSTAR, yielding a payback period of just over one year.
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- Evaluation Guide: Four Steps to a Successful Lighting Evaluation
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- The Guru’s Guide: Implementing Environmental ERP Systems
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- 2014 Energy and Sustainability Predictions: Findings from Leading Professionals
- Cox Enterprises Cuts Energy Costs Up to 10-15% in Certain Markets
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- An Integrated Approach to Managing Today's Energy and Utility Assets
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room