Boston U. Saves 770,000 kWh Per Year
Bluestone Energy Services helped Boston University to integrate energy efficiency into BU’s Track and Tennis Center. Bluestone Energy replaced existing 1000 W and 400 W metal halide fixtures with new Albeo LED fixtures and Daintree wireless controls.
The lighting control system can schedule and dim the fixtures based on event schedules, occupancy and daylight harvesting. Since the building is multi-use including events ranging from commencement to recreational and competitive sports, different lighting control schemes can be saved and scheduled for the various events.
BU will achieve a total annual savings of 770,000 kWh. Additionally, the project received a significant incentive from NSTAR, yielding a payback period of just over one year.
- Meeting the GHG Challenge: Reporting Solutions
- Integrated Building Optimization
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- EHS Managers: The Evolution from Necessary Evil to Vital Leaders
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- 2013-20114 Winter Polar Vortex
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement