Boston U. Saves 770,000 kWh Per Year
Bluestone Energy Services helped Boston University to integrate energy efficiency into BU’s Track and Tennis Center. Bluestone Energy replaced existing 1000 W and 400 W metal halide fixtures with new Albeo LED fixtures and Daintree wireless controls.
The lighting control system can schedule and dim the fixtures based on event schedules, occupancy and daylight harvesting. Since the building is multi-use including events ranging from commencement to recreational and competitive sports, different lighting control schemes can be saved and scheduled for the various events.
BU will achieve a total annual savings of 770,000 kWh. Additionally, the project received a significant incentive from NSTAR, yielding a payback period of just over one year.
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- Choosing the Right LED Product for Industrial Lighting Applications
- Expert Q and A: Tips for Automating your Energy Data
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- 2014 Energy and Sustainability Predictions: Findings from Leading Professionals
- EHS Managers: The Evolution from Necessary Evil to Vital Leaders
- Harness the Value of Big Data to Build Smarter Infrastructures
- ARC Brief: Infrastructure: The Hidden Optimization Opportunity
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room
- Your Roadmap for Energy Management: First Stop – Myths & Realities of Energy Purchasing