Boston U. Saves 770,000 kWh Per Year
Bluestone Energy Services helped Boston University to integrate energy efficiency into BU’s Track and Tennis Center. Bluestone Energy replaced existing 1000 W and 400 W metal halide fixtures with new Albeo LED fixtures and Daintree wireless controls.
The lighting control system can schedule and dim the fixtures based on event schedules, occupancy and daylight harvesting. Since the building is multi-use including events ranging from commencement to recreational and competitive sports, different lighting control schemes can be saved and scheduled for the various events.
BU will achieve a total annual savings of 770,000 kWh. Additionally, the project received a significant incentive from NSTAR, yielding a payback period of just over one year.
- 6 Steps from Getting the Most From Every Lighting Retrofit
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- The Top 5 Things You Should Know about Big Energy Data
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Energy Efficiency Ratings: Benchmarks that Drive Excellence in Building Design & Operations
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Act Local, Think Global: To Drive Agrifood Supply Chain Sustainability
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement