BP Helps United Arab Emirates with Energy Planning
BP is working with government officials in the United Arab Emirates to map out future water and energy strategies, according to The National.
The Abu Dhabi Regulation and Supervision Bureau, as the regulator of the emirate’s water and electricity infrastructure, wants to plan for future needs as the region grows in population and utility demand.
Using the Foreseer tool developed at the University of Cambridge, BP will forecast how different decisions can affect water and energy supplies based on factors such as population growth and economic development, reports the news source.
The UAE is also working on energy efficiency in buildings. Last year, the Emirates Green Building Council created a task force to come up with ways to finance energy efficiency retrofits of existing buildings.
Photo: Abu Dhabi via Shutterstock
- Migration to Mobile: The Evolution of EHS Management Tools
- Dawn of the Building Performance Era
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Gartner Magic Quadrant
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation
- ASSA ABLOY: Investing in Sustainability Opens the Door for Business Opportunity
- Under the Lens: Claiming Green
- The Sustainable Edge™