BP Helps United Arab Emirates with Energy Planning
BP is working with government officials in the United Arab Emirates to map out future water and energy strategies, according to The National.
The Abu Dhabi Regulation and Supervision Bureau, as the regulator of the emirate’s water and electricity infrastructure, wants to plan for future needs as the region grows in population and utility demand.
Using the Foreseer tool developed at the University of Cambridge, BP will forecast how different decisions can affect water and energy supplies based on factors such as population growth and economic development, reports the news source.
The UAE is also working on energy efficiency in buildings. Last year, the Emirates Green Building Council created a task force to come up with ways to finance energy efficiency retrofits of existing buildings.
Photo: Abu Dhabi via Shutterstock
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Operationalizing EHS Management: Bridge the Gap from Strategy to Execution
- Practical Guide to Transforming Energy Data into Better Buildings
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings