BP Helps United Arab Emirates with Energy Planning
BP is working with government officials in the United Arab Emirates to map out future water and energy strategies, according to The National.
The Abu Dhabi Regulation and Supervision Bureau, as the regulator of the emirate’s water and electricity infrastructure, wants to plan for future needs as the region grows in population and utility demand.
Using the Foreseer tool developed at the University of Cambridge, BP will forecast how different decisions can affect water and energy supplies based on factors such as population growth and economic development, reports the news source.
The UAE is also working on energy efficiency in buildings. Last year, the Emirates Green Building Council created a task force to come up with ways to finance energy efficiency retrofits of existing buildings.
Photo: Abu Dhabi via Shutterstock
- Integrated Building Optimization
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- EHS Managers: The Evolution from Necessary Evil to Vital Leaders
- 2014 Insider Knowledge Report
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement