BP Helps United Arab Emirates with Energy Planning
BP is working with government officials in the United Arab Emirates to map out future water and energy strategies, according to The National.
The Abu Dhabi Regulation and Supervision Bureau, as the regulator of the emirate’s water and electricity infrastructure, wants to plan for future needs as the region grows in population and utility demand.
Using the Foreseer tool developed at the University of Cambridge, BP will forecast how different decisions can affect water and energy supplies based on factors such as population growth and economic development, reports the news source.
The UAE is also working on energy efficiency in buildings. Last year, the Emirates Green Building Council created a task force to come up with ways to finance energy efficiency retrofits of existing buildings.
Photo: Abu Dhabi via Shutterstock
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles
- There’s Money in the Trash