BrandSmart Uses PACE Financing to Upgrade
Home appliance and electronics retailer BrandsSmart has secured low cost Property Assisted Clean Energy (PACE) financing for an energy-efficiency retrofit of its West Palm Beach, FL, store. The company is working through the Florida Green Energy Works Program on the project. ABM Building and Energy Solutions will manage the upgrade, according to ABM.
The financing, through a private investor, will provide BrandSmart with $2.225 million to replace the HVAC system, install energy-efficient lighting and a new roof. The project is the largest by PACE this year on the east coast and the largest ever in the southeastern United States.
Florida Green Energy Works is managed by EcoCity Partners, which serves 13 communities across the state. On Sept. 29, Renew Financial said it acquired EcoCity. At the same time, Renew Financial said that it has entered into a strategic alliance with Demeter Power Group, which finances solar projects for small- and medium-sized businesses.
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- Building Energy Benchmarking & Transparency Laws
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- Planning for a Sustainable Future