Bridgelux Expands China Operations
Bridgelux opened a major R&D center in Xiamen, China, earlier this year. The facility will be dedicated to supporting the development and manufacture of new solid-state lighting products. Bridgelux is also opening an applications lab in Shanghai’s Hongqiao district to assist its China customers with the design and enhancement of lamps and fixtures that integrate Bridgelux LED light source products.
The Chinese LED market has expanded rapidly over the last decade, with an estimated $5.15 billion in revenue from LED lamps and luminaries and over $1.29 billion in revenue at the LED package level in 2013.
According to Navigant Research’s “The Advanced Energy Now 2014 Market Report,” released earlier this year, China’s National Development and Reform Commission has stipulated that the proportion of LED lights sold in the country will top 20 percent by 2015. That would make China the largest consumer of LED lighting in the world.
The Bridgelux Xiamen R&D facility is co-located with Kaistar Lighting, one of Bridgelux’s strategic supply chain partners and investors. Bridgelux said it plans to continue to build engineering and product development capabilities at the Xiamen facility through 2014 and beyond. Moving forward, Bridgleux plans to use the Xiamen facility to support the development and manufacture of products geared to meet the requirements of the Chinese market.
The Bridgelux Shanghai applications lab will be located in the company’s existing office location in the Hongqiao area of Shanghai. The lab will be modeled after the company’s application test lab at its Livermore, Calif., headquarters and will provide application design support, including optical, mechanical, thermal and certification testing services.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year