Bridgelux Spins Off LED Smart-Lighting Business
Bridgelux, a manufacturer of LED lighting technologies, plans to spin off its smart lighting LED platform business under the name of Xenio in conjunction with the sale of Bridgelux to an investment group led by the China Electronics Company.
Xenio will focus on the development of software-enabled LED modules for the emerging Internet of Things (IoT) market, benefitting from partnerships and investments from Bridgelux, Toshiba, DCM Ventures and VantagePoint Capital Partners.
The new company, which will have independent teams located in San Francisco, will be overseen by Brad Bullington, who is currently the CEO of Bridgelux.
Earlier this year the company announced the launch of its Xenio Point, Xenio Link, and Xenio Power solutions at Lightfair International. The products will ship in volume later this year.
Xenio’s mission will be to develop and deliver networked and software-driven intelligence to lighting fixtures, providing a platform to deliver IoT services.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- The Missing Puzzle Piece: Automated Utility Data Aggregation
- Get Smarter About Your Energy Procurement Data Book
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles