Bridgestone Saves $190,000 Per Year With Lighting Upgrade at Factory
The Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA) has presented Bridgestone Americas Tire Operations’ LaVergne, Tenn., tire manufacturing plant with a rebate of more than $350,000 under TVA’s and Nashville Electric Service’s EnergyRight Solutions for Industry program.
The LaVergne plant improvements are the result of an overall plant lighting upgrade that began in 2010 to reduce energy costs and improve the quality of lighting. Nearly 3,900 high-intensity lighting fixtures were replaced with energy efficient fixtures that typically consume half of the electricity. The upgrades have reduced the plant’s power consumption by more than 3.8 million kWh per year and are anticipated to reduce the plant’s annual power bill by nearly $190,000.
Bridgestone says the rebate will be added to the Bridgestone Americas Environmental and Energy Strategic Fund to be re-invested in more conservation projects, further improving its energy efficiency.
TVA’s EnergyRight Solutions for Industry offers a broad portfolio of energy efficiency initiatives to industrial customers. The agency provides customized technical assistance to industrial users of power to devise plant-wide approaches to energy savings.
In 2012, Bridgestone said its Wilson County, NC manufacturing facility had cut its energy use 18.8 percent between 2001 and 2011, and was the first tire plant to earn ISO 50001 certification.
- Environmental Leader Technology Reviews
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- Q4 2013 Sustainability Trends - The Logistics, Carbon and Business Data Book
- 2013 Insider Knowledge
- Beyond Equipment Management by Spreadsheets
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Cox Enterprises Cuts Energy Costs Up to 10-15% in Certain Markets
- The Business Case for Corporate Sustainability Tools
- Dow Chemical Company Optimizes Facility Management Worldwide
- 5 Must-Have Utility Billing Alerts
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room
- Your Roadmap for Energy Management: First Stop – Myths & Realities of Energy Purchasing
- Control the Balance of Power: The Future of Intelligent Energy Systems