Bridgestone Saves $190,000 Per Year With Lighting Upgrade at Factory
The Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA) has presented Bridgestone Americas Tire Operations’ LaVergne, Tenn., tire manufacturing plant with a rebate of more than $350,000 under TVA’s and Nashville Electric Service’s EnergyRight Solutions for Industry program.
The LaVergne plant improvements are the result of an overall plant lighting upgrade that began in 2010 to reduce energy costs and improve the quality of lighting. Nearly 3,900 high-intensity lighting fixtures were replaced with energy efficient fixtures that typically consume half of the electricity. The upgrades have reduced the plant’s power consumption by more than 3.8 million kWh per year and are anticipated to reduce the plant’s annual power bill by nearly $190,000.
Bridgestone says the rebate will be added to the Bridgestone Americas Environmental and Energy Strategic Fund to be re-invested in more conservation projects, further improving its energy efficiency.
TVA’s EnergyRight Solutions for Industry offers a broad portfolio of energy efficiency initiatives to industrial customers. The agency provides customized technical assistance to industrial users of power to devise plant-wide approaches to energy savings.
In 2012, Bridgestone said its Wilson County, NC manufacturing facility had cut its energy use 18.8 percent between 2001 and 2011, and was the first tire plant to earn ISO 50001 certification.
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- LED Myths and Facts
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Cox Enterprises Cuts Energy Costs Up to 10-15% in Certain Markets
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- 2014 Energy and Sustainability Predictions: Findings from Leading Professionals
- EHS Managers: The Evolution from Necessary Evil to Vital Leaders
- The Impact of a Changing Workforce on Facilities Management
- Smarter Asset Management for the Nuclear Power Imperative
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room
- Your Roadmap for Energy Management: First Stop – Myths & Realities of Energy Purchasing