Bridgestone Saves $190,000 Per Year With Lighting Upgrade at Factory
The Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA) has presented Bridgestone Americas Tire Operations’ LaVergne, Tenn., tire manufacturing plant with a rebate of more than $350,000 under TVA’s and Nashville Electric Service’s EnergyRight Solutions for Industry program.
The LaVergne plant improvements are the result of an overall plant lighting upgrade that began in 2010 to reduce energy costs and improve the quality of lighting. Nearly 3,900 high-intensity lighting fixtures were replaced with energy efficient fixtures that typically consume half of the electricity. The upgrades have reduced the plant’s power consumption by more than 3.8 million kWh per year and are anticipated to reduce the plant’s annual power bill by nearly $190,000.
Bridgestone says the rebate will be added to the Bridgestone Americas Environmental and Energy Strategic Fund to be re-invested in more conservation projects, further improving its energy efficiency.
TVA’s EnergyRight Solutions for Industry offers a broad portfolio of energy efficiency initiatives to industrial customers. The agency provides customized technical assistance to industrial users of power to devise plant-wide approaches to energy savings.
In 2012, Bridgestone said its Wilson County, NC manufacturing facility had cut its energy use 18.8 percent between 2001 and 2011, and was the first tire plant to earn ISO 50001 certification.
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- It's Time for Today's EHS and Sustainability Professionals to Embrace Big Data
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year