Bridgestone Saves $190,000 Per Year With Lighting Upgrade at Factory
The Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA) has presented Bridgestone Americas Tire Operations’ LaVergne, Tenn., tire manufacturing plant with a rebate of more than $350,000 under TVA’s and Nashville Electric Service’s EnergyRight Solutions for Industry program.
The LaVergne plant improvements are the result of an overall plant lighting upgrade that began in 2010 to reduce energy costs and improve the quality of lighting. Nearly 3,900 high-intensity lighting fixtures were replaced with energy efficient fixtures that typically consume half of the electricity. The upgrades have reduced the plant’s power consumption by more than 3.8 million kWh per year and are anticipated to reduce the plant’s annual power bill by nearly $190,000.
Bridgestone says the rebate will be added to the Bridgestone Americas Environmental and Energy Strategic Fund to be re-invested in more conservation projects, further improving its energy efficiency.
TVA’s EnergyRight Solutions for Industry offers a broad portfolio of energy efficiency initiatives to industrial customers. The agency provides customized technical assistance to industrial users of power to devise plant-wide approaches to energy savings.
In 2012, Bridgestone said its Wilson County, NC manufacturing facility had cut its energy use 18.8 percent between 2001 and 2011, and was the first tire plant to earn ISO 50001 certification.
Why bring buildings online? What information can operations teams glean from real-time data that they can’t just get from the monthly data provided by utility companies? Click to learn more.
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- The Future of Operational Risk Management: The Oil & Gas and Chemicals Approach
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Energy Financing Report
- Combined Heat and Power
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management